Monday, October 5, 2009

First week done

Wow, I can't believe I've been here a week. In some respects, it's flown by, and in other's it's crawled. It's been a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. I mean, it's not like this is my first time away from home by any means, or even my first time in a French speaking place, but my first time living in another country. I'm glad I've found a couple of friends, and it's especially nice that they speak English. I'm excited to get into the classes next week. The kids are so excited to learn English, which is fun. They keep showing me what they know, which is mostly "hello" and "1, 2, 3, 4, 5". It's quite cute. One little girl today was so excited to tell me that she could count in English and proceded to count in Spanish. Not wanting to squash her spirit, I excitedly told her she was speaking Spanish and how cool was that? She was quite confused that she was speaking Spanish and not English, but was excited anyways that she was speaking another language.
I also have probably more than doubled in this past week the amount of time I've ever spent in a McDonald's. If it was not for free internet, I would not have spent this much time here. I need to start looking for other places to live that actually have internet. It's a pretty small town that I'm in, a very old small town, but small. It's bigger than Vernon, but for France, it's small, and not much happens on the weekends apparently. It still seems big for me, and a great size for me to get to know, but I would love to go see the bigger cities.
I hope this week is better than last and not quite as full of homesickness. Hopefully being busy will help with it all

No comments:

Post a Comment