Monday, October 26, 2009

Clermont-Ferrand

Here it is the end of October and we have our first school holiday. I've only been working for maybe 2 weeks in the schools, and I have a 10 day or so break. It really feels like this holiday has snuck up on me. I am so not ready for it. I feel like I just got into the swing of things around Agen, and now to go out travelling? Well, anyways, I am. I went to visit Kim, my friend from university, in Clermont-Ferrand. And, well, I'm here now. Clermont is so much bigger and so different from little Agen. The part that Kim lives in is so old! We did a self-guided walking tour through it today, and it dates back to the 15th century. Even the house that Kim lives in is from the 15th century. It's so neat!
Tomorrow we leave for Tours to see the chateaux of the Loire Valley. They're suppose to be numerous and very impressive. I just hope that we can get up to them!
I will post pictures and all that when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment