Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 3

So, day three is almost done. Finally. I get to start work tomorrow and you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to that. It's definately not easy being all alone in a strange country. Quite a few times I've really wished I could be back home and given some serious thought to heading back home. I'm really hoping that starting work tomorrow will improve everything. Mainly give me some people to explore with and maybe someone to explain the bus system to me. I cannot figure it out. Not that anything is of terrible distance around here. When I checked into my dorm room, they gave me a bus schedule, which lists what time all the buses come and the name of the stop, but each stop has an actual name. The one closest to me is something like Floral for no particular reason that I can find other than it needed a name. And then the busses don't seem to intersect anywhere, which also makes it difficult if I want to go from say the blue line to the red line. How do you do this? So, I've just been walking everywhere. And by everywhere, I'm not sure how far everywhere is, but it doesn't seem too far. Back to the check in, when I checked in he gave me a bus schedule and kindly marked which station was closest to where I'm staying, and told me (I think...) that I would probably want to take the bus on the first day as it's a bit of a walk. Well, I spent 2 days trying to figure out how and which bus to take to get to my first day of work, and finally just googlemapped it. It only took like 25 minutes to walk, in what I think was a pretty okay area. I had to go right past the military base and the psych hospital, so could it be that bad? It's so hard to tell a good area from a bad one as an area I would deem possibly sketchy from the way the buildings look keep turning out to be okay areas people wise. Maybe I just need to find an actual bad area to figure this out... tho I don't want to find a bad area... that could be bad. So, for now I'll just stay in my nice little centre ville area and enjoy the shops and very small (i mean rediculously small) grocery stores.











The view outside my window at night


I have a couple more pictures, but I can't get them uploaded... maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU GINA!!

    things will get better, trust me :) good luck with work tomorrow!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina
    Your Dad tells me you are coming home for christmas
    We will have to get together.
    See you soon.
    Love whayla

    ReplyDelete